10,000 STILL WAITING FOR URGENT HOUSING UNDER NAPTHINE
Vulnerable Victorians are waiting for urgent housing because the Napthine Government hasn’t funded any new public or social housing.
The figures were revealed in housing waiting list data for the December 2013 quarter, which the Napthine Government released six weeks late.
Quotes attributable to Mr Wynne:
“The Napthine Government has failed the 10,000 Victorians who are waiting too long for urgent housing.
“Minister for Housing, Wendy Lovell has continually failed to invest in new social and public housing.
“Vulnerable Victorians deserve better than being ignored by the Liberal Government.”
- In the last quarter the early housing waiting list, accounting for those Victorians most at risk, decreased by just 184 with more than 10,000 people still waiting in need of urgent housing.
Key regional waiting list increases:
- Portland, increase of 8%
- Warrnambool, increase of 8%
- Mallee (Swan Hill) increase of 5%
- Wodonga, increase of 2.84%
- Benalla, increase of 2.4%
- Shepparton, increase of 1.45%