- To the Legislative Assembly of Victoria:
- The petition of certain citizens for the state of Victoria draws to the attention of the Legislative Assembly recent news regarding the Napthine Liberal government’s intention to build an $8 billion tunnel. In particular we note that:
1. the Napthine government is trampling on the rights and homes of local residents;
2. the Premier has failed to present a business case for this tunnel which will do nothing to fix traffic congestion for most Victorian motorists; and
3. the $8 billion tunnel will mean there is no funding available for other desperately needed transport infrastructure.
- Petitioners therefore request that the Legislative Assembly calls on the Napthine Liberal government to seek a mandate from the people of Victoria before spending $8 billion of taxpayers money on this tunnel.
By Ms GARRETT (Brunswick) (970 signatures) and