Planning: Questions On Notice – Residential Zones
18 August 2015
Questions on notice
MR DAVIS — To ask the Special Minister of State (for the Minister for Planning): in relation to the review of residential zones:
(1) When is the estimated date of completion.
(2) What is the cost to undertake the review.
(3) Who is undertaking the review.
(4) Will the report from the review be made public.
(5) What research will inform the review.
(1) The review is expected to commence in the second half of 2015 and take approximately 12 months to complete.
(2) Scoping of the project is currently being developed.
(3) The government has committed to an independent review of the previous government’s process of applying new residential zones. I will appoint an independent Advisory Committee shortly.
(4) Yes, the report will be made available to the public. We are committed to a transparent and consultative process.
(5) The review will be informed by:
– land analysis
– demand, supply and capacity analysis
– demographic analysis.