Planning: Questions On Notice – Heritage Act
18 August 2015
Questions on notice
MR DAVIS — To ask the Special Minister of State (for the Minister for Planning): in relation to the review of the Heritage Act 1995 —
(1) When is the estimated date of completion.
(2) What is the cost to undertake the review.
(3) Who is undertaking the review.
(4) Will the report from the review be made public.
I am informed that:
(1) It is anticipated that the review will be completed in October 2015 and will inform amendment to the Heritage Act 1995 in 2016.
(2) The review of the Heritage Act is being undertaken using existing budget and staffing allocations. The review is being led by two officers within Heritage Victoria, with communication and legal support provided from within the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning.
(3) Heritage Victoria in the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning is undertaking the review.
(4) It is anticipated that a report summarising submissions and key issues raised during the consultation process will be published on the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning’s website.